This article applies to the following phone sets:
To place a call, pick up the handset and enter a number.
For Outbound Calls:
Dial 9 first followed by the phone number and area code (if applicable).
- [Example: 9 + (555) 123-4567]
- [Example: 9 + 1 + (555) 123-4567]
For Corporate Office Call’s:
Dial 8 followed by 999 and then extension number.
- [Example: 8 + 999 + 1234]
For Store-to-Store Call’s:
Dial 8 followed by the 4 or 5-digit store number and then extension number.
- [Example: 8 + 01234 + 01]
- 4-digit store numbers are prefixed with ‘0’.
- [Example: 8 + 12345 + 01]
For Local In-Store Extensions:
Dial 01 for Manager Office
Dial 02 for Host Stand/Front Cash
Dial 03 for Bar
Dial 04 for Kitchen
Dial 05 for Shipper/Courtesy/Host Stand 2
Dial 06 for Takeout/Drive-thru/Expo
Dial 07 for Takeout 2/Drive-thru 2/Expo 2
Dial 08 for Manager Office 2/Bar 2
Dial 09 for Manager Office 3
Dial 10 for Other
To Redial the Last Number:
- Press Redial or button
- In case of an emergency, Dial 911
To speed dial Cara Head Office, pick up the handset and dial: *0511
To speed dial Cara Help Desk, pick up the handset and dial: *0611
The new call indicators are: an animated icon , caller ID, and a flashing red light on your handset.
To answer the call, lift the handset or press the speakerphone button.
Answer Multiple Calls (3905 Handset):
If you are on a call when you get another call, a message appears briefly on the phone screen. Press Hold to put the first call on hold followed by pressing the Feature button to answer the second call.
Answer Multiple Calls (7811 Handset):
If you are on a call when you get another call, a message appears briefly on the phone screen. Press the flashing amber line button to answer the second call and put the first call on hold automatically. Alternatively, the Decline button can be used to ignore the call.
- From an active call (not on hold), press Transfer .
- Enter the transfer recipient’s phone number or local in-store extension.
- Press the Transfer button or softkey before or after the recipient answers. The transfer completes
Note: The 'Hold' feature is restricted to the individual handset. For example, if you press the 'Hold' button, you cannot pick-up the call from any other handset. You can only pick-up the call from the handset where you originally placed the call on-hold.
- Press Hold .
- To resume a call from hold, press Hold again.
Note: The ‘Park’ feature allows you to put a call on ‘Hold’ and pick it up from any handset.
- From an active call, press Transfer
- Enter a park slot number (any number between 60-69). <On hold music will play>
- Press the Transfer button to park the call. <Wait until the line disconnects and goes silent>
- From any other handset, press # then enter the same park slot number then pick-up the handset.
- On an active call, press Mute . The button glows to indicate that Mute is on.
- Press Mute again to turn Mute off.
From an inactive call, press the + or – buttons to increase/decrease the ringer volume.
Caller Voice Volume:
From an active call, press the + or – buttons to increase/decrease the caller’s voice volume.
To call into your voicemail, pick up the handset and dial: **9