FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
eOrder, Take Out and Delivery
Q: At the end of the day, my Financial Management Review is not balancing… What are some reasons that could be contributing to this?
A: There are a number of reasons why you may not be balancing on your Financial Management Review page.
1. You are using the wrong card:
o Take Out: Used for orders when a Guest walks in and places an order at your restaurant
o Pick-up: Used for all orders placed through the Call Centre or online
o e-Order portal (not accessed with a card): Accessed through your POS “Function” screen when a delivery order is placed online or through the Call Centre
It has been reported that restaurants are “doubling up” by re-ringing in entire orders, instead of utilizing the correct card, or closing out checks through the e-Order portal
2. You have forgotten to close out delivery orders in the e-Order portal. A best practice is to access the e-Order portal at the end of the night to ensure you have dispatched and closed out all orders to the appropriate tenders.
3. There is a mistake or a cancelled order that was placed through the Call Centre / website and the restaurant voided the order themselves, instead of contacting the Call Centre.
Any order taken by the Call Centre that is to be modified/cancelled must be handled by the Call Centre.
Q: The Call Centre is asking me for an eOrder ticket number. Where can I find my ticket number for an order placed online or at the Call Centre?
A: The e-Order ticket number can be found on the e-Order chit; please reference the last 3-digits of the e-Order ticket number e.g. 103 is the order number in the example below.
Q: How do I finalize a PATD in the e-Order portal?
A: Please follow the instructions below
1. Below is the default Close Delivery Order page for Pay at the Door tender:
2. Select the correct tender from the list of available tenders:
3. Enter the $ amount then select the ‘Add’ button
4. The correct tender has now been updated; select the ‘Submit’ button to finalize.
Q: How do I add a tip to a Delivery order?
A: Please follow the directions below to add a tip to a Delivery order.
1. Below is the default Close Delivery Order page for Credit Card tender:
2. Remove the $ amount from the box beside the credit card number
3. Enter the order total, including tip
In this example, the order total is $21.24 + 5.00 Tip = 26.24 Visa Total
4. Select the ‘Submit’ button
NOTE: follow the same instructions above to enter a tip on a Student Meal Card
Q: How do I find an order on the portal?
Step 1: Launch the portal
Step 2: Select ‘Search Orders’
Step 3: The following page will load:
Step 3: Able to search for orders on the following fields:
· From and To dates
· Channel (i.e. Online, Mobile, Call Centre)
· Order Type (i.e. Pick-up or Delivery)
· Order Status
Step 4: The following page will load (based on selecting ‘All’ for each search field)
Step 5: Double click/tap any of the orders to view additional order details
Q1: I cannot print a delivery Driver cashout report… Why is this happening?
A: The Delivery Driver cashout report includes only orders finalized (i.e. closed) the same day they were supposed to be delivered.
Before printing a Driver cashout report use the Search Orders tool to check if you have finalized orders for the day.
B: The remote printer may be not ready
Check if the printer has paper, the paper is not jammed, the green light on the printer is ON and the Internet cable is properly connected to the printer.
Cable is properly connected
C: You may be running the Driver Cashout report after midnight.
Driver Cashout reports include delivery orders finalized the same day the report is run. Technically, after midnight the system tries to locate delivery orders finalized the next day. As some restaurants work past midnight, this issue is being worked on. The system is “learning” to understand that for a human 1 am of May, 2nd is still the late night of May, 1st.
Q2: What should I do when a delivery Driver cashout report does not print?
Please help us identify the root cause of the issue.
A. Send us the following information:
a. Time and date when the report was attempted to print;
b. The driver that it was run for;
c. What appeared on the screen;
d. If you tried more than once;
e. How many delivery orders the store has had by the moment (closed and not closed);
f. If the problem only happened for one driver or all drivers;
g. if it happened on just one day or every day;
B. Call the Cara Service Desk and provide the collected information above.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Please sign in to leave a comment.